Blackheads appear as black or yellow bumps on the skin and are caused when bacteria and oil get clogged underneath the skin. Blackhead treatment can help removal as well as helping prevent getting any more in the future.
Blackheads most commonly occur in the following areas:
Blackhead Treatment At Home
Try the following home remedies for blackheads
- Steam – Steam the face to open clogged pores.
- Radish seeds – A paste of ground radish seeds and water applied to the face helps to clear up blackheads.
- Scrub – Make a facial scrub of salt, honey, yogurt and lemon juice. Scrub the face gently in a circular motion for 5 minutes; rinse and pat dry.
- Honey – Apply warmed honey to blackheads and allow it to dry on the skin for 10 or 15 minutes; rinse thoroughly.
- Egg whites – Apply egg whites to skin, allow to dry. Rinse thoroughly.
- Groundnut oil – Mix a tablespoon of groundnut oil with a tablespoon of lime juice and apply to the skin.
- Fenugreek – Mash up fresh fenugreek leaves and apply to the face for 10 minutes; rinse with warm water. This treats blackheads and prevents them from recurring.
- Lemon juice and cinnamon – Apply a mixture of lemon and cinnamon to the skin. Leave for several minutes, rinse thoroughly.
- Wax treatment – An application of hot wax removes stubborn blackheads.
- Tea tree oil – Apply daily. Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic.
- Banana – Smash a banana and apply to face; leave on 30 minutes; rinse well.
- Mud mask – Apply a mud mask 2 to 3 times per week to clear blackheads.
- Aloe vera gel -Aloe vera gel is effective for treating blackheads when applied daily to the affected area.
- Tomato seeds and lemon juice – Mix together, apply to skin. Leave for 15 minutes, rinse thoroughly.
- Grated cucumber – Apply grated cucumber to face. Leave for 15 minutes and rinse.
- Antibacterial soap – Wash skin with anti-bacterial soap to clear blackheads and prevent future blackheads.
- Cellophane tape – Stick cellophane tape firmly over the area with blackheads, then peel off to remove them.
- Turmeric – A paste made of turmeric and water applied to blackheads will clear them.
- Water – Drink plenty of water daily to flush toxins from the body and keep skin clear.
Remember that everyone’s skin responds differently to treatments. If one treatment doesn’t work for you, try another home acne treatment. Sometimes blackheads reappear in the same spot, so it’s important to have a good daily skin regimen. Wash your face morning and night. Never sleep with your makeup on. Those things, along with the blackhead treatment tips above should bring good results.