24 Runny Nose Treatment Ideas
There’s nothing more annoying than a runny nose, or, in medical terms, rhinorrhoea, but a runny nose treatment can help eliminate this annoying problem.
Runny Nose Causes
Common causes of runny nose include:
- Spicy food
- Nasal Polyps
- Nasal Trauma
- Cold temperatures
24 Runny Nose Treatment Tips To Try At Home
Try a runny nose treatment to stop the running.
- Zinc can be beneficial for relieving a runny nose. It can be found in lozenges or sprays. Some doctors believe it can destroy your sense of smell if used too frequently, though, so only use it on occasion.
- Breathing in steam of water mixed with salt can help remove dust and other allergic molecules and eliminate a runny nose.
- Antihistimines, such as Benadryl, are helpful for treating a runny nose caused by allergies.
- A mild steroid spray such as Fixonase helps to relieve a runny nose.
- In the case of infection, antibiotics can cure a runny nose.
- Drink plenty of water and other non-caffeinated beverages.
- Ginger juice can clear a runny nose and soothe a sore throat.
- Echinacea taken three times daily can stop a runny nose.
- Drink a mixture of 1 tablespoon honey juice, 2 drops fresh lime juice and 1 cup warm water.
- Zyrtec allergy medicine may be helpful at relieving your runny nose.
- Drink of cup of hot tea with mint and a dash of cayenne pepper to help clear your nose and stop running.
- AllergiClear is a natural remedy that helps to treat a runny nose and other sinus problems.
- Clariton is a product that helps with runny nose due to allergies.
- Chew gum to relieve a runny nose.
- Take a hot shower, inhaling the steam.
- Make a mixture of ½ teaspoon table salt and a cup of warm water; use a nasal dropper to insert the solution into the nostrils.
- Applying warmed mustard oil in the nostrils can relieve a runny nose.
- Keep your head elevated while sleeping.
- Inhale the steam from crushed dried thyme in warm water, or apply thyme oil in the nostrils.
- Drink plenty of orange and grapefruit juice.
- Have a bowl of chicken soup for lunch or dinner.
- Foods such as spinach and cabbage are helpful for relieving a runny nose.
- Slice an onion and place it in hot water. When it cools enough to drink, remove the onion and drink the onion water for fast relief.
- Garlic and horseradish can relieve a runny nose.
Figuring out the cause of your runny nose can help you determine what to do to relieve the problem. As annoying as a runny nose can be, a runny nose treatment will help keeping it under control.