Certain foods that burn belly fat and increase metabolism are great. Some foods actually take more energy to burn (or more calories) than the calorie content of the food, which results in negative calories. Most of these foods are natural plant foods. Enzymes are needed for a good metabolism, and enzyme deficiencies are often caused from not eating enough fresh food. Protein and dairy products are helpful at burning fat also.
Men Click Here – tips to lose ugly abdominal fat (specifically for guys)
Women Click Here – odd tips and surprising foods that help you get a flat belly (specifically for women)
Here is a list of some of the best beverages and foods that burn belly fat around.
- Citrus fruits – Citrus fruits are not just rich in Vitamin C, but are also good sources of fiber. Vitamin C helps the body metabolize fat. Vitamin C can dilute fat and make it easier for it to be removed from the body. Grapefruit is a great example of a citrus food that’s rich in fiber. The body must burn extra calories to break it down.
- Yogurt – Yogurt is an excellent fat burner because it’s full of probiotics to help stimulate the digestive system. Also, the high protein content of yogurt requires more energy to be processed, which means your body has to burn more calories to process the food. In fact, all calcium-rich dairy foods can help you lose belly fat by increasing the breakdown of fat in cells. Dairy products are far more effective than calcium supplements.
- Coffee – The caffeine in coffee has been shown to greatly increase metabolism. Drinking 4 to 5 cups per day can increase metabolism rates by as much as 18%. Be careful if you are sensitive to caffeine, as this amount can definitely increase heart rate.
- Apples – The high fiber content of apples requires the burning of calories to break it down. Plus, the pectin in apples restricts the absorption of fat in the cells and encourages water absorption, which helps break down fat deposits.
- Beans – Beans are high in fiber, full of protein and low-fat. It takes energy to burn these healthy foods.
- Hot peppers – The capsaicin found in hot peppers speeds up metabolism.
- Whole-grain cereals – Whole grain cereals are full of fiber and carbohydrates, making us feel full longer and keeping insulin levels from spiking. A spike in insulin can cause the body to store fat.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal contains fat-soluble fiber, which lowers insulin and speeds up your metabolism.
- Avocados – Enzymes are needed for good metabolism. Avocados contain the fat burning enzyme, lipase.
- Nuts – Nuts are good sources of enzymes, as well as essential fatty acids, and also burn fat. Limit your intake, however, because they are very high in calories.
- Tuna and salmon – The essential fatty acids in fish raise metabolism. Choose fish that’s high in omega 3 and omega 6, such as salmon or tuna. Omega 3 lowers the levels of the hormone, leptin, in your body. Lower leptin levels are linked to higher caloric burn.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon is helpful for metabolizing sugars and is also effective at keeping blood sugar levels steady.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is a good source of Vitamin C and calcium, which helps speed metabolism. Broccoli also has been found to stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Cardamom – Cardamom is an herb that helps to increase metabolism and burn belly fat.
- Curry – Curry has been found to flush out fat and toxins in our bodies.
- Eggs – Eggs are good source of Vitamin B12, which helps to break down fat.
- Green tea – Green tea is used in many diet products, as it has been found to speed up metabolism and burn belly fat fast.
- Chicken and turkey – Poultry is high in metabolism-boosting protein, because it requires your body to burn more calories to digest than either fats or carbohydrates. Remove the skin and you’ll eliminate unwanted calories.
- Pork – Lean pork is another great source of protein, which helps to speed up metabolism.
- Beef – Choose lean cuts of beef for a good source of metabolism-boosting protein.
- Fish oil capsules, or sardines – Fish oil has been found to be very effective for burning fat.
- Anise – Anise aids in digestion and increases metabolism.
It’s important to never skip meals, as this slows metabolism and causes the body to store more fat. Eat foods with lots of minerals, including calcium, magnesium, copper and zinc. Also, get plenty of Vitamins B and C. Take Essential Fatty Acid supplements, or eat foods rich in omega 3 and omega 6. Eating these foods and getting some exercise will help to burn belly fat and increase metabolism.
Do you have good tips on foods that burn belly fat? If so please share by leaving a comment below!
- 12 Herbs for Treatment of ADHD
- Get a Boost from These 10 Energizing Herbs
- Are Herbs for Weight Loss Effective and Safe?
- Herbs for Thyroid
- 5 Herbs for High Blood Pressure