Pre workout supplements are designed to give you more energy, allowing you to maximize your workout and get better results. There are several formulas on the market today and most formulas which include ingredients to increase lean muscle, burn fat and reduce muscle fatigue. Most pre workout supplements include either a caffeine-based or a natural stimulant to keep energy levels up so you can prolong your workout, as well as stay mentally focused.
Pre Workout Supplement Ingredients
Here are a few of the common ingredients used in some of the best pre workout supplement products, and a short description of their function.
Creatine supplies energy to the muscles, increases lean muscle mass and provides energy. A few natural food sources are beef, tuna and salmon.
Amino acids help to develop muscle tissue and increase energy. Amino acids help the body break down protein, which is then supplied to the muscles and used as energy. Natural food sources include meat and dairy products.
Glutamine provides energy, and helps to maintain cell volume and hydration, reducing muscle recovery time. Workouts lower glutamine levels so it’s important to take a supplement.
Caffeine is a stimulant used in many pre workout supplements to provide high levels of energy and increased endurance so you can have longer workouts.
Nitric Oxide dilates blood vessels, which increases oxygen to the muscles, reducing muscle pain and fatigue. Nitric oxide also helps decrease muscle recovery time between workouts.
5 Of The Best Pre Workout Supplement Products
This is a list of popular pre workout supplements that have been found to have great results. Most pre workout supplements are taken 15 to 30 minutes before a workout. Remember, results from pre workout supplements are not instantaneous; allow two to three weeks to determine effectiveness. If, after that time, you have made no progress in your workout, try a different product. Do not use more than one pre workout supplement at a time, as this can lead to serious health problems.
- Muscle Pharm Assault – This is strong supplement that contains beta alanine, nitric oxide, creatine, and energy stimulants, among other ingredients. It has just 1 gram of sugar per serving and comes in blue raspberry flavor.
- Infinite Labs Juggernaut – Juggernaut builds muscle and provides tremendous energy, with ingredients such as creatine, whey protein complex, Vitamin B12, Vitamin 3, potassium, chromium and 200 mg. of caffeine per serving.
- Gamma Labs Pre-Training Formula – Pre-training Formula builds muscle and provides energy, with ingredients such as creatine, taurine, arginine, beta alanine and caffeine.
- Cellucore C4 Extreme – C4 Extreme is a powerful workout supplement that provides energy, builds muscle and helps maintain focus. Ingredients include creatine nitrate, beta alanine, arginine Vitamin B12, Vitamin C and an energy blend, among other ingredients. It comes in two great flavors – fruit punch and orange, and is one of the better tasting supplements.
- VPX Anarchy Covalex – This product focuses less on energy and muscle gain and more on fat burning. Adenosine triphosphate increases creatine absorption into the muscles and helps shed extra pounds fast. It comes in fruit punch flavor and tastes great.
There are far too many pre workout supplements to list them all here, but these five supplements have had consistently good results. Some people find products with high caffeine content give them the best boost of energy, but others who are sensitive to caffeine prefer natural energy boosters, such as Vitamin B12 and ginseng.
It’s important to not use more than one product at a time, and do not take more than the recommended dosage. All supplements can cause side effects, even the ones listed above in the best pre workout supplement list. Women who are pregnant or nursing should not take pre workout supplements. If you have a medical condition or take medication, consult your with your physician before using a pre workout supplement.
Do You Have A Favorite Pre Workout Supplement? If So Please Share In The Comments Below!
- Get a Boost from These 10 Energizing Herbs
- Do all Herbs for Arthritis Work?
- Are Herbs for Weight Loss Effective and Safe?
- 5 Of The Best Herbs for Impotence?
- 3 Must Try Herbs for Constipation